Increasingly companies around the world are undertaking assessments of their carbon footprints. The reasons for this include the growth of carbon tax legislation, voluntary compliance (CDP, GRI, and SRI) or just the realisation that it’s good for business.
A carbon footprint can also be an excellent way to focus your team on reducing organisational costs. This course teaches learners how to conduct a carbon footprint assessment in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and ISO 14064 with a focus on clearly explaining each step required when conducting a world class carbon footprint for an organisation. Often the most complex part of conducting a carbon footprint is data gathering and in the course we teach important tools to overcome these hurdles.
Key areas include
- Understanding the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Data gathering tools
- Setting boundaries
- Data assessment
- Data quality control
- Importance of verification and creating a report
- How to sell the carbon footprint to your management or customer
- In-depth case studies and practical examples
Benefits of attending the course
- Conduct your own company’s carbon footprint and prepare for South African carbon tax in 2015/16
- Conduct an internationally accepted carbon footprint assessment
- Certify and work internationally
- Add a valuable skill that all companies will need
- Add to your career growth opportunities
- Grow your existing consultancy with new services
- Begin a new career in carbon consulting
Who should attend?
- Consultants and environmental professionals looking to up skill their service offering to clients
- Employees in accounting, finance, sustainability or green team roles
- Job seekers wanting to enter the environmental field with a high value service
- Passionate environmentalists who want a better understanding of the role they can play to educate others
- University graduates wanting to move into environmental services who would like to add a unique skill which would differentiate them
- The business owner wanting to use the company’s carbon footprint assessment to differentiate the company
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained
Get in touch with us